Do you love building mobile apps? Are you thrilled by the opportunity to prove out new concepts? Ntrepid is looking for a mid-level software engineer with experience developing mobile applications for Android (although iOS experience would also be appreciated). We are looking for a candidate with a solid understanding of both the Android system architecture and associated security constraints who can transform existing ideas into technical prototypes. You must be resourceful and prepared to work independently while researching potential approaches to solve the problem at hand.
- Design, develop, and test major technical prototypes for future products.
- Provide expertise regarding the design of Android applications and background services.
- Scope the level of effort involved in developing key features and assist in the selection of features to be included in an MVP.
- Research techniques, third-party tools, and frameworks that can provide useful building blocks for our solutions and recommend potential courses of action.
- Clearly document solutions that have been explored and articulate the reasoning for choosing a particular path forward.
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance is a plus
- Bachelors or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or similar field (can be waived for corresponding experience)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software development for Android
- Knowledgeable of Operating System (OS) architectural and security concepts – specifically for Android, Linux, and other embedded systems
- Understanding of general and mobile-specific networking concepts and experience with corresponding troubleshooting tools
- Experience with automated testing and command execution using a scripting language (e.g. UIAutomator, Espresso, Calabash)
- Experience with the Android NDK (Native Development Kit) is a plus
- Experience working with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and customizing Android deployments or system images is a plus
- Experience developing, tuning, and/or maintaining VoIP systems or a demonstrated knowledge of the related protocols is a plus