Our growing technology firm is looking for an experienced Data Analyst who has a natural curiosity to explore data coming from a variety of sources. The Data Analyst will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment emphasizing collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills encompassing multiple core competencies. Their reporting will directly impact the day-to-day operations of the company.
- The Analyst will be responsible for importing, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive operational decision-making within the organization.
- Analyzing data from a variety of sources, such as digital media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.), survey data, etc.
- Providing insight reports for use in content creation and messaging campaigns and producing reports for consumption by leadership and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Math, Computer Science, Statistics or similar field), or Bachelor’s degree in such a field with 2-4 years of relevant job experience.
- At least one year of experience with mainstream programming languages such as Python and R.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools, such as STATA or SPSS.
- Strong experience in data extraction, data manipulation, and data analysis.
- Strong statistics skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, or MySql.
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as d3, Gephi, NodeXL, Tableau, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency in Arabic