The IT Support Specialist is a unique position that works within the IT Operations Group. This role supports internal users in their day-to-day activities, administers a diverse set of different applications and systems, and handles other tasks as defined by the IT Support Manager. The Support Specialist’s goal to provide the best tools and premier customer service to our customers.
- Provide on-site and remote support to our internal customer via phone, chat, and remote access tools
- Communicate at the appropriate level based on the audience (entry level professional to engineers to executives)
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems related to: hardware failure, operating systems, software applications, and network issues
- Work within a ticketing system to respond to incidents and service requests
- Provide administrative assistance with password resets, remote software installations, email configuration, etc.
- Maintain accurate account of inventory for all corporate assets
- Assist with administration of BYOD and corporate devices using VMWare Airwatch
- Assist with maintaining support documentation and training materials
- Help guide and educate users on corporate policies and promote best practices
- Assist implementation of new strategies or procedures when required
- U.S. Citizenship required
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with enterprise grade tools in a complex environment
- Experience with Apple, Windows, and/or Android devices
- Experience with MDM / EMM solutions (Airwatch preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems (Cisco) preferred
- Basic understanding of Linux and networking principles is a plus
- Willing to work and learn in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Available for nights and weekends when required