Ntrepid is looking for a creative and versatile research software developer to join our Data Sciences Research Group. As part of our internal research and development team you will help us develop and implement data analysis strategies and tools to improve our products and support our customers. You will contribute to research and development efforts that integrate and advance the state of the art in social media content and network analysis, as well as multilingual text analysis. Working to advance tools and methods in these areas will offer ample opportunities to develop your multiple talents. You will participate in: research and algorithm design, the development of data visualizations and user experience, and the deployment and scaling of innovative data collection and analytic tools developed by our group used both internally and currently supporting existing external customers.
- Evaluate current research and new technologies in light of our products and customer needs, and use your insights to deliver new capabilities
- Research and implement Machine Learning, Network Analysis, and Natural Language Processing algorithms to support social media data analysis
- Collect and process a variety of data, structured and unstructured.
- Develop quantitative models and data analysis strategies.
- Design, implement, evaluate, and refine product prototypes.
- Develop and deploy web-based services and applications.
- Our ideal candidate will also be passionate about DevTools implementation and innovation in all aspects of software development and delivery that get in the way of developer happiness.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Advanced degree or relevant experience in a quantitative field
- Proven capacity to model and solve problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience and clear understanding of machine learning and statistical modeling
- Experience managing and working with structured and unstructured data
- Ability to rapidly develop prototypes as well as write production quality code
- Experience with static (Java, C, C++), dynamic (Ruby, Python), and mathematical and statistical (R, MATLAB, Julia) languages; 5+ years combined experience, with 2+ years in any particular language
- Experience managing and modeling data using relational (Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL (Redis, Neo4j, MongoDB) and search (Elasticsearch, Solr) technologies.