At Ntrepid we measure our success by the satisfaction of our customers. With that obligation comes the need for a customer service oriented individual with bar-none communication skills to join our Network Operations Center (NOC) team. The right candidate will be able to communicate corrective actions effectively to other divisions within the company. The candidate must have strong troubleshooting, root cause analysis and critical path creation that lead to problem resolution. The embedded NOC Technician will be the on-site technical expertise at the customer facilities, and will serve as Ntrepid’s primacy technical representative and customer technical liaison for the deployment. Must be able to go into the workplace and communicate with all your customers and be able to give a “hands on” approach to helping solve their problems.
- Troubleshooting user submitted issues (software and hardware) including bugs, glitches, and latency
- Maintain Ntrepid hardware, software and networking by administering thick clients, thin clients and switches.
- Administer bunker (portal/folder access, NIPR compatibility, etc.)
- Perform port configuration changes, maintain current map of network
- Coordinate all new site installs/deployments to include planning, ordering equipment, and installing
- Primary Ntrepid technical POC onsite and at WH data center including managing third party vendors (e.g. WOC Planar monitors), coordinating with customer technicians and Ntrepid technical teams
- Listen to customers and resolve inquiries within stated timeframes
- Practice and ensure incredible customer service when working with end users
- Document problem descriptions and detailed problem diagnosis with accuracy and compliance with established practices. Review and update standard operating procedures where necessary
- Escalate and communicate issues to NOC Lead, NOC Supervisor and SRE Manager
- U.S. citizenship required
- Current secret clearance required
- At least 2 years job related experience in customer service and in a technical setting.
- 1-2 years experience in both Linux and Windows
- 1-2 years experience troubleshooting network related issues in a virtualized setting (VMWare)
- 1-2 years experience of Network Hardware (Juniper)
- Familiarity with enterprise class monitoring/management systems, including Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, Last line, and/or Arbor
- Ability to learn and articulate solutions to technical and non-technical people
- Work a fixed schedule 7 AM – 3 PM M-F