Ntrepid finds a consistent need for expertise in a number of areas that also may involve a new product line and is therefore looking to fill a new technical lead position. The Product Technical Lead will be the design lead and direct a team of engineers in this new area. This is an opportunity to do green field development and to be a major influencer in the technology selection. The product will involve large-scale data ingestion, search and retrieval systems, natural language based AI and machine learning. A passion for clean user experience is a must.
- Develop a technical approach to deliver required product features
- Design and decompose system features into subtasks for multiple engineers
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- Identify required engineering resources and work with recruiting to staff a product development team
- Work with other Product Management to scope and prioritize product features
- Assign work to other engineers
- Hands on development of key systems components
- Review of other engineers work product
- Work with QA to ensure product meets high quality standards and that at the software level it is validated.
- Work with Operations to deploy and support the product in production.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelors degree in CS or related fields (MS a plus) and 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Java, or Python
- Strong working knowledge of HTTP and HTTPS
- Experience with database systems such as Postgres
- Experience working on systems with multiple Terabytes of data and hundreds of millions of records.
- Experience with Document Management, Email Archiving, or Records Management systems
- Capability to lead a small team
- Experience running teams using Agile development methodologies
- Experience designing and building single page web applications.