Ntrepid is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the engineering team for the company’s flagship product. The ideal candidate is someone who has a solid and successful background in architecture, automation, infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, and tools development for enterprise software and systems. The candidate should possess a strong background in running Linux based infrastructure at scale, highly available and with fault tolerance. The candidate must have above average communication skills and a passion for automating everything, with a sense of ownership. A proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining dependable, mission-critical systems and products is a must. The successful candidate will be contributing to the architecture, automation, configuration management, tools development in an Agile environment.
- Work with developers and your systems engineering team to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
- Innovate new automation to replace large-scale manual operating processes.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow engineers to operate the infrastructure efficiently.
- Work cross-functionally with various internal teams to drive amazing results.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
- Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- U. S. Citizenship required
- TS/SCI eligibility required, or ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Bachelors or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent (can be waived for corresponding experience) with 7+ years of relevant experience.
Technical – Required
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices.
- Extensive experience working with Linux in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience using configuration management software like CFEngine, Chef, Salt, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with CI tools such as Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Experience with Build Tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle.
- Good understanding of build pipeline, packaging, and artifact management.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Bash or Python, Ruby.
Technical – Preferred
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.).
- Good understanding of security and systems best practices.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Xen.
- Knowledge supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Experience supporting Windows environments using PowerShell or Chef or other management tool.
- Knowledge supporting Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBOSS.
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with API driven infrastructure.
- Experience in supporting micro-service architecture.
- Experience using containers is a plus (Docker, LXC).