We are looking for a software engineer to join a small and growing Data Science team supporting the Professional Services Division. The role would participate in the development, deployment, and scaling of innovative data collection and analytic tools that support existing products and customers.
- You will work with data science and deployment teams to design and implement collection, storage, computational, and web service layers for medium to big data real-time analytic tools
- Ensure that internal and external requirements for application reliability, latency, and scalability are satisfied
- Implement functional and performance testing, monitoring, and troubleshooting strategies for production systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- TS/SCI eligibility required, or ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and a proven capacity to design and build complex data-intensive software systems
- Experience with static (C, Java) and dynamic (Ruby, Python) languages
- Experience developing systems using JVM family of tools and frameworks (JRuby, tomcat, Java, Scala, Spark)
- Experience with Ruby development, frameworks (Rails, Sinatra, ActiveRecord), and tools (JRuby, bundler, warbler)
- Experience with medium to big data management using RDBMS (Postgres, sharding), NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis), distributed file systems (Hadoop, HDFS, S3, AWS EFS), and search technologies (Elasticsearch)
- Experience in the modeling of structured and unstructured data, including multilingual text data and social media content and networks
- Experience with container technologies (docker, rancher)
- Experience working with AWS both from the management console and at the API level, including experience with the AWS command line interface.
- Experience configuring AWS IAM roles, EC2 and S3, EBS and EFS.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Ability to rapidly develop prototypes as well as write production quality code